Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back Home

When we came home from our cruise (god help me I went on a cruise!)I lay Ila in bed. She woke up and I asked her, do you know where you are? She had the sweetest smile on her face and said sweetly "back home."

My mom is now back home in Reno, and I helped her get settled in, hired 4 kinds of help, mainly to keep the 1 acre of lawn and plants alive. It was a major triumph to help her get some of these things settled. I feel success.

And back home. My brother-in-law Dave is back home. After nearly a year of in and out at the hospital after being diagnosed with AML leukemia (when all he though he had was a bad backache), a bone marrow transplant, graph vs. host disease, sepsis, los of 50 or so lbs etc. etc. he is BACK HOME!!! and doing ok. He's very weak, but he's home, his own (new) home with his wife Jeanne and his son Kyler. God I want to cry.

Back home. Be thankful every time you set a foot in your door. Home is a precious place to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:20 PM  
Blogger tik-tiki said...

this is a gorgeous post, bessie. so true about home. glad to hear your brother-in-law is doing well and is BACK HOME. fun to read about the markets of mazatlan too!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home